Follow what? Anything. Follow me on my dream of making the world's best cupcakes, or find your own goal to chase. I'm on a mission to reach mine, maybe you'll get inspired to find what you've been running towards.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SLAP!

You know how sometimes you wake up and think, "Oh thank God, it was just a dream," only to rub the sleep out of your eyes and realize that it was completely real? It happened to me this morning, and all through today I thought it was the end of the world, until I my eyes were opened.

Just a simple phone call can make a person cry, be frightened, and feel all alone in about two seconds. I had to watch one of my closest friends go through that when I told her I wouldn't be able to live with her next year, leaving her practically alone. I have to make a choice between a group of friends that I've had here since day one, and a new group that could potentially be as close. There's a lot at stake on both ends, and I swear it just doesn't seem fair. It's been on my mind all day...all I can think is "Where do my loyalties lie?". No matter what, someone feels hurt or left out and that's not something that I'm comfortable with.

But, a good friend of mine showed me that life could be a lot worse. In her situation, she doesn't even have a choice. It's an injury to an athlete who has barely gotten a chance to prove her amazing talent. The crazy part is that she's obviously sad, but she isn't whining, complaining or acting like nothing will ever be right in the world again. Just a humble person who takes life as it comes and has faith that it will somehow all work out in the end.

Biggest slap in the face I've ever had. If only I could be half as brave as she is! She's made me realize that crap happens and I need to just get over it. Decisions will always have to be made, and they'll always be hard. Life goes on, even when we make mistakes.

So I just want to say thanks to a special friend, and throw out a quote that hang on my wall:
"You can't go back, so just move forward, you dumbass."

No comments:

Post a Comment