Follow what? Anything. Follow me on my dream of making the world's best cupcakes, or find your own goal to chase. I'm on a mission to reach mine, maybe you'll get inspired to find what you've been running towards.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I love raisins, but the carrots sound sketchy.

For a little inspiration, I thought I would try to add a "Recipe of the Day" sort of dealio. Just to keep me thinking about what kinds of things I can make this summer when I actually have time. It's also for you guys that actually follow me (Which is only Mallory at this point. Thanks, goober!), so you have something random to try on a rainy day. Welp, here goes...

Rum & Raisin Cupcakes

1/2 cup light vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 lightly beaten egg
3 egg whites
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded cooking apples
1 cup (7 oz.) raisins
1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz.) chopped dates
1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz.) mixed dried berries
1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz.) chopped walnuts
1 tsp. allspice
2 3/4 cups self-rising whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat oil and sugar until light and smooth (2-3 min). Beat egg and egg whites one at a time, then add carrots, apples, dried fruits, and walnuts. Sift in the rest of the mixture and stir. Spoon batter into baking cups in a muffin pan, bake for 20 min. Makes 1 dozen

1 comment: