Follow what? Anything. Follow me on my dream of making the world's best cupcakes, or find your own goal to chase. I'm on a mission to reach mine, maybe you'll get inspired to find what you've been running towards.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Back on track like a...train?

















This all started with cupcakes right? I know I'm darn near a 4-year-old with ADD, but getting off track this far is ridiculous even on that level. I guess I've failed at bringing what I'd first proposed at the beginning. Go figure. But, I've realized that the reason I'm not getting anywhere is because I'm not trying to go anywhere. I'm just waiting for it to fall into my lap. Well....that sure as heck isn't going to happen anytime soon, so I'd better get moving if I actually want to go anywhere!

I just made a bunch of cupcakes that looked like bowling pins for my mom's bowling party a few weekends ago. Honestly, they looked like crap in a paper wrapper. But hey, I'm still learning right? The other ones weren't bad, just chocolate cupcakes with caramel center, topped with a swirl of chocolate frosting and white chocolate bowling pins on top. Those ones were waaaaaay better looking, and the caramel was FAB. I mean, if I do say so myself...

Next on the list is some birthday cakes I'm hoping. I won't really get to celebrate my own when it comes around, so I guess I'll just have fun with everyone else's! I've got some ideas...the cake above would be really simple and cute, and the edges are made with cookies instead of fondant. I doubt I'll use flowers, but I'll think of something else fun to use.

What I reeeeeeally want to try though, is a cupcake tower, sort of like this one. As long as I can get the cupcakes to look good, I can't go wrong! Right? Well probably not...but I want to try anyway! I just think they are so unique and fun, and the possibilities are endless!




No comments:

Post a Comment