Follow what? Anything. Follow me on my dream of making the world's best cupcakes, or find your own goal to chase. I'm on a mission to reach mine, maybe you'll get inspired to find what you've been running towards.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Potholes.

I think that once I realize that there will always be minor setbacks in life, I'll be much better off. I have this silly notion that things can only become better once they start improving. So, once I've been on a good road for certain amount of time and hit a pothole, I lose faith completely. If I'm not having constant success, it's like I'm a failure.

In the words of Maroon 5, "it won't always be rainbows and butterflies". Sometimes a bee or a storm cloud gets thrown into the mix and you just have to deal with the stinging or the rain. No day or plan is perfect, and they're not supposed to be. Without the crappy moments, we would never fully appreciate the really great ones.

So today, I'm just going to put some ice on that bee sting, open my umbrella, and keep on moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment