Follow what? Anything. Follow me on my dream of making the world's best cupcakes, or find your own goal to chase. I'm on a mission to reach mine, maybe you'll get inspired to find what you've been running towards.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Setting up for Disaster and Disappointment.

Mmmmmk. So I know these aren't great, but I've been fighting more with frosting than I ever have lately. It's ridiculously enraging. But, I brought these to Christmas and they were all eaten, so I'll count it as a win anyway.

I absolutely hate New Year's resolutions, but since I'm bored as hell and have had all break to think about my many failures and empty life, I figured it couldn't hurt.


1. To run the Lincoln Half-Marathon.

Seriously, it's probably going to kill me. I'll be begging for death by the 5th mile. But I figure, if I actually do finish it, I'm going to prove a hell of a lot of people wrong. Myself included.

2. To say "Yes" to things more often.

I know that I miss out on a lot of opportunities because I'm too scared of change, or of something completely awful and far-fetched coming out of it. I've missed out on great experiences, guys, meeting new people, and job opportunities. Taking the responsibility of making a decision that could send my life in a different direction scares the piss out of me. I guess I just need to learn to learn to take the leap when given an opportunity. And maybe wear diapers while I do it...

3. And the ever popular: "Figure out what I want to do with my life."

That should be simple, right? I mean, this whole blog is about cupcakes for a reason. I still want to do that, don't get me wrong, but I need to actually sit down and make it happen. Find and internship, spend my free time experimenting, etc. I have this crazy idea that being happy is about being fearless. As time goes on, I'm finding out how completely false that is. If there isn't an element of fear of the unknown, then there's no reason to keep going. I need to use the fear as something to propel me towards my goal, and not something that holds me back.

So, there are the goals I've set for myself that may last a week at the most. I guess it's worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment